Monday, March 31, 2014

Post #8

This Spanish/pop art piece was different. I liked how the author of the pop art explains his reason and what this pop art means to him.  Also in his introduction you can really feel how passionate he is to his work and how much it means to him as a Hispanic fitting into the American society. I also felt in the actual pop art piece included spanish which gave you a feel to the author's heritage. But i also felt it was bias, because of all the spanish and this is his Latino USA history.  Of course if your a die hard american you will feel strongly to the United States but if you also support a different culture you will infuse that into your actions, work, and your reasons for anything would just be different.  I didn't like the pop art part because I dont really get some of the spanish sayings and it's just confusing. But the illustrations did help and they were fun to look at, but this just isnt my type of genre.  I much rather read about the monkey king myth. See this is what i mean by bias, I am Chinese American so I would enjoy more Chinese/Asian cultured readings more and I feel like I would understand them more. I feel like as equal as anyone tries to be its almost impossible but I dont blame the author.

1 comment:

  1. I also found this piece hard to understand and confusing because he uses so many Spanish terms so us none Spanish speakers have to constantly translate it then go back to reading his work.

    ReplyDelete