Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Post #9

This version of the sandman is very interesting.  It was much longer and unexpected.  the graphic details are great! The color sets the mood of the scenes, but some of these drawings are very scary.  If I'm not mistaken there are stories inside of this story of the Sandman, this is the origin story of how he has came the way he is? There is so much going on in just a few pages that I'm honestly confused. I usually like graphic novels but i don't really fancy this graphic novel.  There's a lot of back and forth, into different stories.  Also I feel like this story is different, but I never really looked into the original Sandman stories, I just remember watching the story in the Spiderman, that sandman story is not the same, completely difference actually.  So coming from a person with no knowledge of this story, I'm lost.

2 comments:

  1. Bernice,

    I also was confused while reading this excerpt. I didn't particularly like this story either. It was a little too creepy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also was confused because it was stories in a story but I like the use of colors.

    ReplyDelete